Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tommy's Home!

Hurray! Tom came home on Thursday night, a day earlier than expected. I had off on Friday, and we are enjoying our long weekend together. We start dive certification classes on Monday night, so soon we will be able to go out actually diving. Tom is pretty excited to get certified, because the ship will be going to some amazing dive sites during their next trip, and he will be able to dive and see things most people in the world never even dream of.

Anyway, I will post more soon, and get some pictures up, but I just wanted to let everyone know that Tom is home safe and sound. Oh, and we had some good news yesterday, we both were selected for Lieutenant Commander. So, in a little less than a year we will be promoted (one step closer to Forest City Distinguished Citizen for me!). Congrats to Joe Joe, Kelly in Va, Kelly in CT, Corinna and anyone else who might see this who I am not thinking of right now.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Welcome home Tom and congratulations to both of you on your promotions.

Katie said...

Welcome home, tommy. Congrats to you both on being selected for LCDR. I knew you two and Joe would make it. But now there's no worry. yay. Amy, I started "The Bean Trees". It's a little Secret life of bees-ish without the mystical aspects, but I like it. Oh, and the chocolate macademias are long gone too. Yes, I ate them all by myself. :)

Wendy said...

Hi Tom and Amy! Congrats on the promotions and the homecoming. I'm envious about all the diving (I've been gathering frequent flyer miles!) Miss you guys a LOT.

Alison directed me to your blog and as a result, I've started one too. Mostly angsty stuff...but if you need to check up on academic drama in New England...

wndrkn.blogspot.com

KDub said...

Congrats to you both! Looks like you are enjoying your Tommy time! The kitty is adorable! Is she a drooler like Soot was? :) Miss U!