Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A little adventure

I got home from work today a little earlier than I have been, which meant that there was enough daylight left for me to go out for a walk. There is a water tank up the hill from our house, and a trail that leads into the hills from it. I went up there today, and took some pictures to share. The pictures probably would have come out better if it was sunny out, but at least is was fairly cool for my excursion up the hill due to the clouds.

Both of these pictures are the view to the southwest from the hill.



The view to the southeast.



As I was hiking, I noticed the breeze picking up, and looked over to the east to see the picture to the right coming my way. I think you can probably tell from the picture that a small rain storm was headed my way. I decided not to get caught in this one, and headed back down the hill home. The second photo is a cumulus cloud slightly seperate from the rain storm. One very cool thing out here is that at almost any time you can look at the sky and see all different cloud forms. I am going to keep my eye out for a nice big cumulonimbus cloud surrounded by blue sky out over the water to get a good shot of.


I got home just as the rain started, but had time to snap this shot of an unknown (to me at least) species of plant in my yard.

More to come soon.

No comments: