Sunday, September 16, 2007

Not so adventurous weekend

I am afraid that I am not living up to the blog title. I have not been so adventurous since I got back last week. That is partly due to the rainy season, I do not want to go out hiking, and get stuck at the bottom of a slippery, muddy mess, needing rescue. Now, that would be embarrassing.

So, I do not have much to report after the weekend. I went to a beach cleanup event on Saturday morning with some people from work. It was fun because they brought their puppy, and she was very cute playing with the kids at the beach. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so I have no picture to share from that excursion.


I also went shopping and bought this very cool new chair. It is carved from a teak tree root. I think it is very unique, and it will be a surprise for Tommy when he gets home. I had to control myself and not buy two, although I still may go back and get another. The store also had a nice dining room table, made locally of monkey pod wood. I refrained from that one by reminding myself of the lovely oak dining room table we left in storage. I certainly do not need two of everything.

SEQUOIA will leave Honolulu tomorrow morning, and they should be home right at the end of September. We plan on getting certified to dive during that inport. Stand by for underwater pictures.

I also decided today that I am going to go the animal shelter and get a cat. I will get an adult cat, not a kitten. Kitten's are cute, but I am not home all day, and I would hate to leave the little thing alone all the time. Plus, as I learned from my neighbors in CT, sometimes, kittens are not all they are cracked up to be!

OK, I promise to have some more interesting adventures this week (and to take the camera along on the adventures). For now, I will leave you all with a picture of my kitchen. It is huge. I still miss the five burner gas range in CT, but this kitchen almost makes up for the electric stove top with all of the counter space. Honestly, 10 people could cook in this kitchen without bumping in to each other!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Amy. I love seeing where you live, and the inside of the house too. Very cool. I think Tom will love the chair.