Saturday, September 8, 2007

Some pictures

I realized today that I have some photos of guam. I did not take these, they were taken by Chris, a shipmate of Tom's on Sequoia. At least they give you an idea of what the island looks like.



This first one is of the natural pools at Inajaran. We went swimming there in July. It is really neat, the whole island is surrounded by reef, so there is not much surf at the beaches. These pools are even more calm, and have quite a bit of life in them despite all the swimmers.

This photo is of Orote Point from the air. This is the southern part of the Navy Base. I think the beach you see here is Gab Gab beach, which has amazing snorkeling. The day we went out snorkeling there, I was truly amazed at the corals and fish. There is also a nice hike that goes out to the end of the point, and down to the beach there. Unfortunately, access down that beach is closed right now for some Navy reason or another.



This last one is of the boat basin in Hagatna, the captial city of Guam.
More photos to come when I return from Saipan.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Very cool, Amy. Glad your time with Tommy went well. We miss you more than ever!