Sunday, April 11, 2010

The New Family

Well, it sure has been quite a week!
I can not believe that is was late last Monday night (technically Tues morning) that we left for the hospital and it is Sunday again already. The hospital felt like a time warp. We went to the hospital at about 2am on Tuesday, and Baby-O finally arrived at 0305am Wed. He sure kept us all waiting, but he was worth the wait! Kristen was there for my labor and in the next room for the birth because only Tom was allowed in the OR with me. Marian was also at the hospital for the arrival of her first grand-baby. It was wonderful to have all of the family support.

My Mom and Dad, sister Jennifer and her girls, Katelyn and Jenna were here and left today. My Mom got here on Wednesday and the rest of the gang arrived on Friday mid-day.

Joe, Katie and Robin also came up from Williamsburg to meet the little guy on Saturday morning before we left the hospital. Thank you to everyone for their help and love in the hospital - all three of us feel surrounded by love and support. Baby-O is one lucky little boy!

Here he is with his Grandma and with his Grandpa in the hospital:



With Dad in the hospital:


The happy family all ready to come home from the hospital.


The first big ride!

Our family came home on Saturday afternoon. The routine in the hospital was nice, but it sure is better to be home. It was nice to have my family here with us for the first day, and now it is just the three of us settling into life with a baby and loving every minute of it.


Here's my boy at home!!:



Take a look at these eyes:


Is it possible to not be completely in love with him? I don't think so.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

I can't wait to come to DC to see the little guy. He is beautiful!

Nora said...

He looks just amazing! I can't wait to see him in person!!!