Saturday, October 6, 2012

Aunt Jen!

Jennifer is here visiting from Pennsylvania, and we have been having lots of fun.  Yesterday, she and I had a girl's day up in Sonoma.  We started the day off tasting sparkling wine at Gloria Ferer.  Here is Jennifer at the winery:

 After enjoying the bubbly (and joining their wine club), we enjoyed a nice stroll around the square and lunch in Sonoma.  Then we drove up to The Benziger Family Winery, where Tom and I have been members for a couple of years.  We were lucky to arrive just as a semi private tour was leaving.  We got to see more of the vineyard, tasted wine in the vineyard and had an extended tasting in a small banquet room inside the wine cave, as well as a barrel tasting.  I should have taken pictures of the cool room we sat in to taste in the cave, but I suppose it is a good sign that I was enjoying myself too much to take out the camera.

Jennifer also hopped up on the tractor - this shot is for you, Jimmy.

Today we went to a local street festival in Alameda, then went over and watched the Blue Angels airshow from Treasure Island.  I have to admit, I was a sceptic about the airshow, but it was amazing to see them do their maneuvers at very low altitude over the Bay.  We are also pretty sure we saw two fly under the Golden Gate Bridge.  Tomorrow we are all headed up to Point Reyes for some hiking and sight seeing, then an overnight in Bodega Bay.  More pictures to come!

1 comment:

Dad said...

I am envious...........Dad