Monday, December 20, 2010

The White House

Tom and I visited the White House today and did a self-guided tour of the East Wing of the Residence. We were able to go because Tom was nominated by his boss for the slot - it was nice, I thought it would be a smaller group, but there were a lot of people. Christmas is the only time you are allowed to bring a camera in. I got some good pictures, although not as many as I would have liked because the lighting was sort of difficult. I also thought that I would not be allowed to have my camera bag, so I took the small camera instead of my nice camera. I did get some good shots though, and here are some to share...

This first tree was dedicated to the men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. There were table with postcards that visitors could fill our to be mailed overseas from the White House.


There were many beautiful decorations, but I think my favorite things were these amazing wreaths along the entrance hallway. They are really beautiful, made of fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
This one is made of artichokes....
I may go rummage through the White House trash after Christmas to see if I can take one home...





3 comments:

Peggy said...

Beautiful photos Amy! Those wreaths are amazing and you guys look great.

Nora said...

That is so cool!!

Dad said...

Mom and I are envious. What a great time to see the White House!