Saturday, February 9, 2008

Visitors!

Mom and Dad have arrived! They landed at 1:30 a.m. on Thursday, and we have been keeping them busy ever since. On Thursday we slept in and spent a lazy day at the pool, followed by their first Guam dinner of fresh local fish.

Friday we went snorkeling at Gab Gab Beach on the Navy base. The harbor was a little bit surgey, and there were some equipment problems, but all in all, it was a good outing. Yesterday we did a car tour of the southern part of the island and caught the tail end of a Chamorro dancing festival. Unfortunately, the paper said that the dancing was from 6:00pm to 9:00 pm, but the actual event was from 9:00am to 6:00pm!

Today we are going to go on a jungle river boat tour on the Talafofo River. After today I should have some more pictures to post. I have decided to give up for now on posting all of the Palau pictures, because the enormity of the project is discouraging me from finishing it. I will get them up little by little though.

Tom leaves Monday for about two weeks. At least my Mom and Dad are here to keep my company.

On the granola bar front, I have created two more new recipes.. rather tasty if I may say so myself.

1 comment:

the mama seal said...

Homemade granola bars, this sounds so good to me. Have fun with the fam!