Saturday, February 23, 2008

Two Lover's Point

We hiked today from Gun Beach to the base of Two Lover's Point. Two Lover's Point is a high cliff along the coast where legend has it that a young chief's daughter and her forbidden lover tied their long hair together and plunged to their deaths rather than be parted . Here is a picture of two other lovers with the point in the background:
DSCN0389

Part of this hike was through the water along the rocky cliffline. We really enjoyed it, and all three of us got a little too much sun today. As you can see it was a gorgeous day, probably the hottest since Mom and Dad got here.
hike "trail"

On the way back, I noticed two Blue Devil Sea Stars in the water. This picture came out fairly well for being throught the water.
DSCN0397

Not sure of tomorrow's adventure yet, we may climb a peak near my house! I will keep you all updated.

I am actually envious of all of you on the east coast enjoying the big snowfall. I miss winter (a little bit at least), I especially miss the snow days!

3 comments:

apea said...

Wow! It all looks so gorgeous. The snow is pretty, but shoveling it is not as much fun as taking photos of sea stars. I am so jealous!

christine said...

Our aquarium's sea stars are definitely not that beautiful...

the mama seal said...

I have never heard of blue sea stars. I am glad you are having such a good time with your fam, A!