Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chef

Among O's favorite activities is playing in his "chicken".  He really likes to make his food and serve it up to Mommy or Daddy, or anyone else who happens to be either around or on the phone.  The play kitchen has been a very big hit, although he also still pretends the coffee table in the living room is an oven as well.  The other day, he saw Daddy wearing an apron in the kitchen, and decided that he needed his own "cooking bib", as he calls it.  So, we did what I always do when in need of something unique, fun and well made.  We called Grandma and put in an order.  I was very surprised when the apron arrived today!  It turns out that Grandma had already made the hat and apron and put it in the mail even before we requested it.  She must be a mind reader....

"Cheese"
 Here he is in action - just like his favorite TV cook, Jacques.  In fact, when he is cooking with his pans and his tongs, he says "Just like Jacques.".  Funny kid.
Put it in the oven.
The weekend is almost here!  I think all three of us are looking forward to some quality family time.

3 comments:

Dad said...

I'll have a Philly cheesesteak with everything. By the way, Grandma IS a mind reader.

Katie said...

Olin is super cute. I imagine you are never going to cut those gorgeous curls.

Peggy said...

What a sweet boy. I love that he loves cooking in the kitchen.

My boy is still sweet, my girl...not so much.

Grandma, when do I get a cooking bib. I've been making a mess of myself :)