Saturday, August 21, 2010

Trip to PA

The first weekend in August we made the trip up to PA for Baby-O's baptism and to attend a family reunion on my Mom's side (more specifically on my Mom's father's side). It was a great trip, the baby and I took the train to Philadelphia where Grandpa picked us up, and Tom came up a couple days later. My sister in law Peggy and niece Gretchen made it out for the festivities also, and it was wonderful to see everyone. I even got to meet relative I had heard of, but never actually met before.
Here is Gretchie and I at the Saturday night cookout at Mom and Dad's house:

Nan and Pop at the cookout:
Baby-O in his heirloom christening gown - this gown was worn by Mother and her sister as well as myself and my four siblings. He sort of looks like a little pilgrim:

The christening:

All of the attendees at the reunion:
And, the attending members of my Mom's branch of the family tree:

Here is Baby-O in the adorable outfit his Grandma made for him, is he precious or what?


The whole weekend was busy, busy, busy! My Mom hosted a brunch after the christening, before the reunion, and we had about 10 people back to the house on Sunday evening after the reunion. It was a good time, and Baby-O loved all of the attenion.

No comments: