Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Distance

Amy and I drove down to Merizo yesterday to look at the distance for our swim next weekend. We know that is supposedly 2.5 mi (although I think it is a little less), but we just wanted to see it. Our farthest swim so far was 2.2 mi; we are doing that one again today for time.


So, here it is. We will be swimming from the island back to the spot where this picture is taken from.



While we were down south, we took a little walk to the Priest's Pools. I have been wanting to go there, but it is very short little walk, and hardly seemed worth the drive down just to see the pools (yes, the drive is about 30 min-40 min, I know, I have lived on an island too long already!).


When the water is higher, the pools are nice for swimming, but it has been so dry here that the water was sort of stagnant in the pools, so we just looked.


I am leaving for Hawaii on Monday morning (for work), and will be back on Friday evening. Hopefully I will get some swimming in over the course of the week since the race is next Sunday.


I am pretty excited about the race - it should be fun! My goal is to finish in an hour and fort five minutes - we'll see!

No comments: