Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Distance... Completed!!!


We had a great swim today! I am so proud of myself, Amy and Traci for completing the Cocos Crossing. 2.5 miles of ocean swimming fun!

I finished in 1hr 24min; Amy finished in 1hr 37min; Traci finished in just under 2hrs. It was harder than I thought it would be. Trying to swim straight is challenging when there is nothing to guide you. In any case, I am so happy about my time and really proud of all three of us who committed to training and did it.

Here are some more pics after the finish of me and Amy. More to come in a few days...



And finally, a prerace shot of Amy, Traci and I:

3 comments:

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

Amy,

Congratulations. You have a right to be excited and proud of yourself. You beat your goal by almost 20 minutes. Not to mention the fact that you swam 2.5 miles in the ocean.

We're all very happy for you.

Katie said...

Go Amy!!!