Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Party


I suppose it is a sign of how fast time flies between Thanksgiving and Christmas that I have not blogged since Thanksgiving.  Admittedly, that was not much of a post either.  Anyway, I am back now.  We have been busy lately, but without much photo-documentation.  

We are gearing up for our Christmas trip to Pohnpei, I am trying to motivate myself to put up my Christmas tree (85 degrees just does not feel like Christmas to me), and we had our first real Tropical Storm scare since moving here.  This past week, Tropical Depression 27W threatened us briefly, but thankfully formed up to close to Guam to do any damage here other than blow some things around.  I, for one, am very happy that there was no real storm.  

Yesterday Tom and I ran in a 5K race in the morning.  As much as I actually enjoy doing the races (not so much racing for me, just running with a big group of people), I also hate the fact that they all start at 6:00 a.m. to beat the heat.  That was an early start to the day.  We also had the Coast Guard Christmas party last night. 

Can you guess who played Santa for the party?


That's right!  Tom graciously played Santa for about an hour and half at the beginning of the party, giving out the door prizes and sweating to death in the poorly air-conditioned lobby where we had the party.  Here is Santa giving presents to our friend Elizabeth and me...

We had a nice time at the party.  There was plenty of socializing and good food.

Here is a shot of two Amys in front of the very large Christmas tree...

After the official activities a group of people went out for live music at two different places in Tumon.  It was a big night.  We got home at 2:30 in the morning.  I have not stayed out that late in quite a long time.  Getting up for the race in the morning and staying out dancing until 2 in the morning made for a very long day.   It was a fine time, though, and good to get out and have a nice evening.  



No comments: