Friday, March 28, 2008

XTerra!!!!

Today was the XTerra Triathalon! I was the swimmer on a relay team. The race had a 1K ocean swim, a 23K mountain bike and a 7K trail run.

We did awesome! All three of us were really pleased with our individual times and with our team time. I did the swim in 23min 45sec, finishing the swim #41 out of 81 total racers, not too bad for my first ocean race, I think.

The complete results are in a picture below.
DSCN0582

Here we are stretching for the race:
DSCN0520

The swimming start line. I have no idea where I am in there. My team mates had a hard time getting a picture of me, because all the swimmers had on green caps:
DSCN0532

The swim:
DSCN0533

Me running to the transition area to tag out Marcus (in the yellow jersey) for the biking portion:
DSCN0539

Marcus (in yellow) coming back to tag out Bea (in black):
DSCN0554

Bea finishing! I have to add here that Bea had a baby 5 months ago and has a three year old. Her time on the crazy trail run down waterfalls and through a river was 1 hour 8 minutes:
DSCN0569

All of the Coasties who participated. Marcus and Bea and I were a team, the others all did it individually. CDR Rocks, the guy all the way to the left came in 3rd for his age group.

DSCN0581

So, now I am going to start training for the Cocos Swim, and 1.5mile ocean swim in May.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Congratulations Amy, Marcus and Bea. You all did fantastic!

Marcus and Bea -- congrats on the new baby and on having the energy to compete in a triathalon.

Amy-- can't wait to see you next Friday! We are so looking forward to your visit.

Wendy said...

Congratulations Amy! It's great to read all the fun that you are having. One day spring will return here....

apea said...

Amy-you rock, congrats!!