Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Travel


You may be saying to yourself..."I did not know there are giant redwoods in Guam!". Well, there are not redwoods in Guam. I spent last week in Alameda, CA. I flew in on Monday morning, and did not have an obligation until Tuesday, so I drove to Big Basin State Forest. Absolutely beautiful. It is healing to my soul to be among such old trees, ancient really. Here is a picture of the base of the treen known as the Mother of the Forest. It is the oldest and largest tree in the Basin. The second one is of two trees that are grown together, there were a lot of those in the forest.



I am back home in Guam, ready for more Guamanian adventures. Hopefully I will get out hiking or snorkeling or diving this weekend, and I will get some more pictures up for everyone. Tom is still gone, he will not be home until the middle of December. I am going to start going to a yoga studio tomorrow night. My goal is to have some new friends when Tom gets home.

I will get more pictures of Sylvester and put them up too. Everyone loves pictures of cats!

1 comment:

christine said...

Hey there, lady. I found out about your blog via Katie, hope you don't mind. I've really enjoyed reading about your Guamian adventures, and it gives me such joy to know that Ian and Tara are working with people I adore and trust. You must miss Tom so much - I'm learning that feeling myself during this tour! I'm glad you have Sylvester, though. I don't know what I would do without Clive (probably get less exercise and have more unchewed plastic kids toys, but I digress). Anyway, thanks for writing in your blog! It's a great way to keep in touch. I'm online, too, at http://breakingiceandmakingnice.typepad.com. Miss you!