Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

O and I had a very nice Mother's Day weekend.  On Friday, his school had a little Mother's Day event and he gave me a card and a little bag that they decorated.  It was a gorgeous weekend here, so we spent a lot of time outside in the garden, riding bikes and at the Spring Festival on Park Street both days.  O had a great time listening to the bands, dancing and people watching.

Other than that, we had a nice relaxing weekend at home.  O is doing really well on his balance bike - I will have to get some video of him this week.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful, loving and talented Mothers I know!  Especially Grandma (Mom) and Nan (Marian).  Thank you both for making special and lasting memories with Olin.  He talks about you both so often, and is very excited for July.  Specifically, he wants to do painting and crafts with Nan and make cinnamon bread and chose his costume pattern with Grandma.

Mom, thank you for teaching me by example how to be a good mother.  You may not have ever set out to teach the lessons, but your love and the care you put into everything you do for us kids taught me how to do this.  If I am half as good a mother to Olin as you are to all of us, he is a lucky kid.

No comments: