Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble Gobble



We had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. Our guests enjoyed the day and left stuffed full of good food. I have to say that all of the work was worth it. I did think of Mom though, when it seemed like less than 20 minutes after we sat down, we were all done eating. She always commented on how quickly the meal goes after so many hours of preparation. I enjoyed the excuse to spend so much time in the kitchen, and all of my chopping and prepping on Wed did pay off yesterday; my morning was not crazy and I was able to enjoy the cooking part with all of the chopping and measuring done already.

Baby-O was looking particularly cute in Thanksgiving outfit #1.

Here are a few shots from dinner time.

The table before:

The spread:

The fam:
After dinner we walked off some of the calories with a trip down to the National Botanical Gardens. The Christmas display opened yesterday. There is an artist who does replicas of all of the buildings and monuments on the National Mall out of all natural plant materials in addition to a great train display. Here is Baby-O sleeping at the "White House":


And, Thanksgiving outfit #2:



Can you believe this?

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Oh my goodness. Olin looks so big! He's got such a round little belly and I can't believe he's standing already. He'll be looking like a teenager before you know it.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

Wow Baby-O!! Very impressive :)