Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter everyone. Today is Easter here, although not for most of you yet. I have to say, one thing I am looking forward to about moving to DC is being in a resonable time zone!

I am having a few people over for brunch this morning, and going to a potluck this evening with other wives from SEQUOIA. Hopefully my brunch dishes will come out well, and if they don't look great, at least taste good!

I made some muffins last night and am making french toast baked in honey pecan sauce, and baked eggs in tomato sauce with multi-grain toast to please both sweet and savory breakfast eaters. I resisted the temptation to make potatoes and other sides.

Here is a picture of the muffins - I am experimenting with taking photos of food!



I adapted a recipe for basic wheat muffins, and did some with blueberries on top and some with blackberries. I am pretty happy with how they came out. They are somewhat dense and not too sweet. I like them, I hope my guests do too!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Amy,

Your muffins look great. I'm sure they were a big hit at the brunch. We had homemade chicken soup for Easter dinner since we had 2 sick kids! It was really quite tasty and a nice change from ham.