Friday, March 20, 2009

Washington D.C. Here We Come!

Tom and I both have our orders for our transfer this season. We are officially moving to Washington DC. Tom will be working at the Coast Guard Headquarters Command Center, and I will be working with the Department of Homeland Security. We are excited about moving closer to family and friends, and also a little apprehensive about trading the laid back island life for hectic DC. I am not sure if you can get any bigger of a change.

We will most likely be leaving Guam sometime in June and hopefully having the time to head to Australia and New Zealand on our way east.

I have a lot of pictures to update with from our adventures in the past couple of months. We spent a few days in Japan skiing, and the snow was fantastic. I never thought of Japan as a ski destination, but we had some of the best snow, shortest lines and most fun runs of anyplace we have skied before. We really enjoyed it. Actually, I just really like Japan. Even though a few months ago I would not have had Japan on my travel list, we have had such a nice time each time we have been there, that I would encourage anyone to go to Japan if you have the chance.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know the news, and let you know I am still here, just been dormant for a while.

2 comments:

apea said...

I think you are going to love DC. Its such a great city with so much to see and do, I'm very jealous! We'll be there over Labor Day weekend for a wedding so hopefully we'll get to see you! Let me know if you need any help with picking neighborhoods, etc. Congrats!

Wendy said...

Welcome back to the States! I'm sorry that I didn't get to visit your island paradise, but maybe we'll see each other stateside.