Saturday, August 2, 2008

To VA, PA, NY and back again...

I am home safe and sound from my two week trip to Virgina and Pennsylvania and Sylvester is very happy to see me. It is nice to be welcomed home and loved, even if it is just by a cat.

I had a great trip. Week one was in Virginia for a conference which Tom attended also. We got to see Joe, Katie and Robinson, Kristen, and Kelly, Matt and Jimmy, along with some other folks we have not seen in a while.

IMG_0332

After the week in Virginia, Tom and I parted ways. He headed to New London for a leadership class and I to Pennsylvania to spend time with my family after a brief stop in Westfield, New Jersey to visit my oldest friend, Marcy. It was a lot of fun to see my sister Jennifer's girls and just relax at home in Browndale.
IMG_0369
IMG_0357

IMG_0436

I was also lucky that Karen drove all the way up from Northern Virginia with six-month old Krishnan to see me while I was in PA. Here is a pic of baby Krishnan and one of me and Karen.
IMG_0452
IMG_0455

As a final treat before returning to Guam, Jennifer and I drove to New York and met Marcy and Joy to see RENT on Broadway. The show closes in September, and I was very happy to get to see it again before it closes. It was fantastic, of course.

So now I am back in Guam, recuperating from the journey and preparing to return to work tomorrow (blah).

There are many more photos over on Flickr

No comments: